TOOTH GEM AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
Here is a comprehensive set of tooth gem aftercare instructions to ensure your gem stays secure for longevity:
1. Hands Off Avoid touching your tooth gem with your fingers, tongue, or any objects immediately after application to allow the adhesive to fully set.
2. No Eating or Drinking Refrain from eating or drinking anything for at least 1 hour after getting your tooth gem.
3. Oral Hygiene Continue with your regular oral hygiene routine, but be gentle around the tooth gem area when brushing and flossing.
4. Gentle Brushing Use a soft-bristle toothbrush to clean your teeth, being cautious around the gem. Brush gently to prevent accidentally dislodging it.
5. Avoid Abrasive Toothpaste Choose a non-abrasive toothpaste to prevent damaging the gem or the adhesive. Abrasive toothpaste can weaken the bond.
6. Flossing Technique When flossing, use a gentle back-and-forth motion instead of pulling the floss up and down. This avoids dislodging the gem while maintaining oral hygiene.
Diet and Lifestyle
7. Soft Foods Initially In the first 24 hours, opt for softer foods to prevent any accidental pressure on the gem. Avoid sticky or hard foods that could dislodge it.
8. Avoid Excessive Biting Be cautious when biting down on hard objects like pencils, fingernails, or ice. Excessive force could lead to gem displacement.
9. Limit Alcohol and Smoking Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can weaken the adhesive bond over time. Limit these habits for better longevity.
10. Regular Dental Checkups Keep up with your regular dental appointments. Your dentist can ensure the gem is secure and assess your oral health.
11. Gem Inspection Periodically inspect the gem in a mirror to ensure it's still properly adhered. If you notice any looseness, contact your artists who applied your gems.
12. No DIY Removal Please NEVER attempt to remove the gem yourself. Seek our professional assistance if you wish to remove or replace it.
Avoid these Actions
- Picking or Scratching Avoid picking or scratching the tooth gem, as this can dislodge it or damage your tooth enamel.
- Chewing on Hard Objects Refrain from using your tooth gem to bite or chew on hard objects.
- Forceful Flossing Avoid using excessive force while flossing around the gem. A gentle approach is key.
**Note** If you experience any discomfort, irritation, or issues with the gem, contact the professional who applied it or your dentist for guidance.
Remember, diligent aftercare ensures your tooth gem remains a beautiful addition to your smile for anywhere from 3-12 months!